Friday 31 August 2012

Vanilla Marshmallow Protein Muffins



Vanilla Marshmallow Protein Muffins

 

 
These are great little snack muffins! I freeze mine so I always have them to hand... A great alternative to bread when I need something to put my PB on.... I dont always eat it off the spoon ;) They are great hot and they only take 1 minute in the microwave to defrost.
 
 
Ingredients
 
Ingredients above: 

130g Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Vanilla Flavouring
50ml Water
10 Sachets of Truvia
4 Egg Whites
20g (2 Scoops) Vanilla Soya Powder
20g (1 Scoop) Vanilla Muscle Fury Whey
2 Jars of Fruit Babyfood
30g (1 tub) Chocolate Phillidelphia
15g Mini Marshmallows (optional)

(You could use chocolate/banana whey and chocolate/banana flavouring instead)
 
 
The Vanilla Whey I use is Muscle Fury.
 
Muscle Fury
Nutritional Breakdown
 
Whisk the egg whites in a bowl and stir in the babyfood and water.
Add the flour, truvia, baking powder, soya and whey protein to another bowl and mix well.

 
Slowly add the wet mixture to the flour bowl and stir until everything is in corporated. Then add the Philidelphia... 
 





 
Then add the marshmallows if using...

 
 
I managed to get 1 tbsp per case (about 40g of mix) with enough left over to make a small loaf too.

 
Bake in the oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops go brown and the marshmallows and bubbling!
 


  

If using silicon then allow to cool fully before attempting to remove (unlike me, I burnt my fingers on the hot mallows in the middle!! haha)



I sliced the loaf for freezing. But...60s in the microwsve, and topped with almond butter = Heaven!

I worked out the nutritional values of the muffins (@40g) and the loaf (@200g)
Using the ingredients shown above:

Per Muffin: 73 Calories / 5.5g Protein / 9.9g Carbs / 0.2g of Sugars / 0.7g Fat / 0.27g of Saturated / 1.2g Fibre

Per Loaf: 366 Calories / 27.7g Protein / 49.8g Carbs / 1.16g of Sugar / 3.9g Fat / 1.2g of Saturated / 6.5g Fibre

 



No comments:

Post a Comment