Wednesday 27 March 2013

Spicy Beef Jerky




As If I didn’t already LOVE my dehydrator, enough!

I decided to put it to the test and make some beef jerky. Now I absolutely love beef jerky, it’s one of my all time favourite snacks (and it’s super healthy!) But it really is soooooo expensive in the supermarkets here. Even more so in motorway service stations!!

It was beyond simple and I’m so pleased and slightly amazed by the results! Everyone who’s tried my first batch has said:

“Wow, that’s better than the packaged stuff!”

It’s not as chewy as the pre packaged stuff you can buy, so doesn’t taste like your fighting your way through the sole of an old shoe.

Ingredients:
(as usual, whatever I found in the cupboard)

∙A few drops of Tabasco sauce (to personal taste)
∙Worcestershire Sauce
∙Light Soy Sauce
∙Fillet Steak (obviously)


………………………………………………………………..

Step 1

Slice thinly the steak into bite size pieces


………………………………………………………………..

Step 2

Pour the marinade into a shallow dish


………………………………………………………………..

Step 3

Layer the meat in the dish so that it’s only one layer if possible

………………………………………………………………..

Step 4

Cover with cling film and get all the bubbles out so that the marinade gets the top of the jerky


………………………………………………………………..

Step 5
Leave for at least 2 hours, overnight if possible in the fridge


………………………………………………………………..

Step 6

Pat dry the steak with kitchen roll until all of the excess marinade is gone

 
………………………………………………………………..

Step 7

Layer in the dehydrator, and set it to the lowest setting, (I used 40C) and leave for 24 hours



………………………………………………………………..
 
Step 8

Congratulations. You now have Jerky.

 
………………………………………………………………..


Love Flash xXx





No comments:

Post a Comment